The Stokely Stories: One more month...        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Saturday, August 15, 2009

One more month...

Let's take a guess! 
We are going in for our "big" ultrasound in one month! You get to vote: Boy or Girl Stokely on the way! (vote in the poll to your left!)

I went to the Dr. this week for my 15 week appointment. Everything looks great, Parker and I excitedly listened to baby's heartbeat. I am feeling great and honestly can't believe that in 25 weeks we will be parents to two little ones! I am still in my regular clothes but know it won't be for very much longer! 

Chad's grandparents and mom came to visit yesterday to celebrate Chad's birthday. Parker had a lot of fun playing and eating an ice cream cone with Pipi and ChaCha! We enjoyed the visit even thought their visit with Chad was short!

Chad is on his 35th day of work in a row... we are so thankful for a daddy and husband that works so diligently and never complains! :) We are all ready for a weekend off but we know that it is a blessing to have a good job right now too. Pray for Chad's long days in this Texas heat! 

Parker is great, we have started waking up early to prepare for preschool starting in 2 weeks! 
Parker will be attending School for Little People at our Church. Parker is ready and will love it, now the big change for me on the other hand is much more concerning. I went to speak with the director this week about Parker's severe peanut allergy. I wanted to address our concerns and fears of sending him into a classroom that is, as of now, not peanut free. I assured her that Parker could not be in a classroom where other children would be consuming anything peanut. She was extremely receptive and shared with me that her goal for this year is to make the entire school Nut free!! (yall have no idea how comforting this would be for us!) She asked that I prepare some research and compose a letter to hand out to every parent stating the dangers of peanut butter and such around children with this allergy. She also asked that I would speak to the parents at the Parent's night about the concerns. I am so thankful that this opportunity is given to us for Parker's safety and our peace of mind! Even though I am not comfortable speaking in front of large crowds, I hope that our story can communicate some understanding to others! 



No comments:

Post a Comment