The Stokely Stories: another month gone by... :)        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, July 11, 2010

another month gone by... :)

Let me start this post by saying that I am feeling immeasurably blessed to have two beautiful children given to me and a wonderful husband who continues to work incredibly hard for his family! God has been so good to us and I want to make sure that anyone who happens to stumble upon this blog finds that all of the good (and challenging) times we share here come directly from Him and without, it would all be impossible.

Colton is FIVE moths old! He has grown so much this month. Developmentally, I think he has taken a turn into the "sitter and crawlers" division! It has been a blast for Parker and me to cheer on as he rolls from front to back, back to front, front to back... If you put anything just out of his reach he will turn in full circles and scoot on that little belly of his to grab it, and straight into that toothless mouth it goes! He is a J-O-Y! He is so delightful with his over abundance of smiles. He is full of life, love, happiness and melts your heart in an instant. We started adding to his "list of big boy things to-do" by starting a few "solids" this week. He has tried avocados, sweet potatoes and bananas. He also has started sitting up on his own for short periods of time.

Parker is 2 years and 9 months old :) He has grown a lot in the past few months too! This morning he woke up, came into bed to snuggle, greeted me with a smile and a "chocolate milk, please, mommy" ... how can you turn that request down?! He is super creative with his imagination and has a BIG, sweet, heart. He pretend plays most of the day; working with tools, cooking with measuring spoons and dry beans, coloring, being a train conductor, flying around like Buzz Light-year the Space Ranger, fireman and most definitely a mountain climber on a hunt, pursuing the couch mountain in the living room ... the list is endless. :) Our FAVORITE thing to wear right now is a Super Man onesie that has a cape. He would never take it off if I didn't make him (but at some point each day it has to be washed!) (Thank you Uncle D and Aunt Tracy ;) ) He is starting to recognize and identify colors and letters. He has his shapes down. He can sing his ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle, Mickey Mouse... He also started dressing himself from top to bottom in the past week. He can put his shirt, undies, shorts, socks and shoes on ALL BY HIMSELF!

I feel that God has graciously reminded me recently that my job of being a "keeper of our home" is fabulously rewarding, a holy job, a way for me to serve Him and it is my job, chosen for me - by Him.
I have had some long days this past month. I have been impatient with Parker, quick to anger and speak to my husband and moments where I felt defeated and spiritually drained. I heard myself telling others that I was "tired" and Mommy just needed a nap!
In reality, I was quickly reminded that I really needed God. He was calling me, as His child, to time-out. I had to be reminded that God loves me as His daughter... just like my heart loves and provides for our precious sons and continuously provide for their needs. God answered my cries, kissed my boo-boo's and has showed me gracious love despite my imperfections as a wife, mother, daughter and friend. It was an important lesson/reminder to learn (again and again and again...)

I wanted to share with transparency that even with my wonderful children and supportive husband, I most importantly need God to quench my thirst. And Praise be to God for this wonderful life we are living! :)

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment