Hello out there, to anyone still interested in following a blog that is infrequently updated! ;)Our life is completely different from the seven months ago when I last posted a picture update!
We are now feeling like residents of New Braunfels, Texas and our hearts are settled in too. Our home is no longer a beautifully built structure but "home" is now defined as where we hang our hearts. We are cozy, comfy and have a beautiful view of the Guadalupe river! We've really been able to enjoy the awesome place God created here, rivers, lakes, parks, rope swings, a slower pace of life. It's been a blessing in ways we had never imagined. Family time is frequent and our time with the Creator in His creation has been awesome. Literally!
The boys are busy little blessings! :) I love being their mommy and I am so so so thankful that God has allowed me to be at home with them. Parker is almost FOUR! He is Mr. super personality. He is full of knowledge and uses words like "stupendous" in context daily. He is still completely into the outdoors and has a great imagination. He is writing letters and has a love for learning anything new! He has been on a Gluten Free diet for the past 3 1/2 months and has been healthier than ever. Colton is 18 months tomorrow! He is a joy! He is running everywhere, brings a smile to everyone (unless he is hijacking a toy from big brother) and is a lover! He is so generous and shares easily. He is trying hard to verbalized words and anyone that's been around him has heard his signature ear piercing squeal. :) And I almost forgot to mention that Colton's lovey is a Woody doll and goes everywhere, even swimming, with us. Parker and Colton play really well together and I love watching them grow up side by side. They share a room, toys, friends, laughter (some tears), love and lots of great memories!
Chad is still really enjoying his job and that is such a blessing! :) He definitely has a place in the marketing/outside sales world! His light is shining out there and it's so neat to watch your spouse grow at home and in his career.
I've definitely been entertained by the boys on our days at home! From blowing kazoos with their noses, potty training messes... Yep, that included painting the pantry door with poop- actually I want to document that story so here it is...
Colton woke up one morning, sat on his little green frog potty and stumbled into the kitchen for his morning milk cup. I gave him is cup and started unloading the dishwasher. Colton helps out and I continue. I smell a "fresh" new aroma in the kitchen turn around and yep! Mommy forgot to put a diaper on and now has a pile to tend to! I clean up the mess and surprisingly
Colton didn't even step in it! What a relief. I continue with the dish washer and am greeted by another smiling face. Parker gets his milk and turns around and then says "Mommy!!!! Is that POOP?!" ..... What?! I thought I cleaned that mess, could it be?! No....
Colton had another accident, this time by the back door. He had grabbed a spatula out of the dishwasher and decided to paint with it. YUCK! And humorous. A good scrub, sanitizing and one bath later we were ready for our next adventure!
So a little encouragement to another mom to littles out there, we might not be feeling important in our daily tasks.... Really how does cleaning up poop compare to board meetings and the real world? Girls, we are raising the real worlds future. We can show patience, crisis control, mercy and other fruits to our children in situations like these! A poop mess or a future poopy mess of life... Responses just might be similar and I'm trying to embrace these moments as God gives them.
So that is us! In a nutshell. Blessed by His grace, loving because of Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are totally the cutest thing I have ever seen :) Your blog brought the biggest smile to my face today. I love that you aren't afraid to mention God so much, and I especially love that you find joy in being a Mom. Sometimes I struggle with changing poopy diapers day after day and miss the "real" life of dressing up, going to work and being around adults. But when that baby smiles at me I'm reminded that this is the most important place for me to be-at home, raising this little boy (hopefully) in righteousness. There is no one who will love this baby more than me, and this is a divine calling from God to be a nurturer to one of His beloved children. You are a great writer, Paige. Thanks for sharing.. I just died laughing reading about the spatula painting :)
ReplyDelete