The Stokely Stories: technology        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

technology

Oh the joys and ease of the technological world! 
It's been a blessing to be able to email friends and family, work over the internet, have super high tech phones that act as a computer in your hand, get world news at the click of a button and have digital photos that can be printed in seconds in different states! 
Technology is wonderful until it all CRASHES! I think God was trying to teach us a lesson in the past few weeks as ALL of our technological devices that connect us with the world simply shut down or had accidents. 
I recently heard a quote from "The Last Lecture" thats been playing over and over in my head as the past few weeks have gone on it goes something like "I don't want to teach my children the importance of things" the point here being teaching by example that it is not the mere things in life that matter to us as parents and humans but more the importance of relationships and reaction. I was reminded of this as my new iphone plopped into a bait bucket and out computer had a fatal error. Chad and I both decided that our reactions would be not be of frustration and worry that this would be an expensive month. Instead, we both embraced this opportunity to be thankful for all of the luxuries that we have and all that we have been provided with. Although Parker is too young to remember and respond to our week of technological failure, I hope that we continue to use situations like this to help shape Parker and future siblings into selfless beings that care more about the who than the what.

On the note of "how did your phone plop into a bait bucket?"...
Sunday, Chad and I went fishing at Lake Livingston with Uncle D and Shelby (chads family). We had a great time fishing! Our day started at 4:45 am and we headed out to the lake. We caught some bait - hundreds of Shad with a cast net and proceeded to the fishin' hole! Uncle D led us to a great spot where we caught a ton of White Bass, Catfish and Striper! I ended up with two big fish that day, a 23 inch Striper and a 5# cat! What a great time! :) While we were fishing, Parker spent some time with his Great Grandma "Mimi" and Great Gpa "Pipi".

Parker has also just recovered from double ear infections (Again!) and pink eye in both eyes! Now, it's slimy boogers and a horrible cough! Needless to say, we are excited about summer being here and hopefully and break from colds and allergies! 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment