God must have known what he was doing when he created children, 2 year olds especially!
Isn't it amazing how those small and innocent little beings work?
Parker is such a fun little person to be around! I don't think more than a few minutes goes by without someone giggling around here. Chad and I are constantly laughing at our "end of the day review" when we can report all of those moments back to one another ... I don't think there has been a single day of parenting that I don't have something I am anxious to tell him about our son. Lately, I have had lots of 2 year old moments that are too good not to share with everyone...
Here are a few:
Parker is very intrigued with babies, the nativity story and of course - Santa Claus... he is now determined that the little baby we are reading about is either "baby Santa" or growing in mommy's belly!
A friend was here visiting and Parker was telling her about the baby in mommy's tummy. He started yelling at me to "Open IT!!" He was determined to get the baby out!
Potty training 101: Do not go to your new neighbor's house without a diaper or without 110% supervision... your child WILL find a corner to poop in and then squish it with his cute little toes into the carpet!
Poison control: Parker refused to nap, so instead he broke into his fish tank and decided to drink a bright blue bottle of "Ick Gaurd" (used to kill fungus that grows on fish!!) He then came out of his room riding a stuffed dog and saying "look mommy!".... when I turned around he was blue like a Smurf and grinning ear to ear! Luckily, it wasn't toxic!
Some of my favorites occur in the morning when he comes stumbling with his tired eyes into our bedroom, crawls into "Daddy's spot" and asks for "more kisses mommy!" "more kisses mommy!"
And at the end of the day, when Chad gets home, he lights up, yells to me "Daddy's HOME!" and then walks up to Chad for a hug and asks "Work today daddy?" :)
So sweet. Lets plan a visit in January. We'll come there or you guys can come here. Whatever is easier! Want to see you guys again. <3
ReplyDelete